Friday, June 10, 2011

Chapter 3: "Today Matters" by John C. Maxwell

Your Attitude Will Take You A Long Way

This chapter spotlighted the importance of having a good attitude that would determine a positive outcome.

If each alphabet equals a number as you count each letter, what would be most important to becoming successful based on the score.

For instance:

A=1 E=5 I=9 M=13 Q=17 U=21 Y=25
B=2 F=6 J=10 N=14 R=18 V=22 Z=26
C=3 G=7 K=11 O=15 S=19 W=23
D=4 H=8 L=12 P=16 T=20 X=24


So what is the key?


K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E

K=11 N=14 O=15 W=23 L=12 E=5 D=4 G=7 E=5

KNOWLEDGE= 96%


H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K

H=8 A=1 R=18 D=4 W=23 O=15 R=18 K=11

HARDWORK= 98%

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

A=1 T=20 T=20 I=9 T=20 U=21 D=4 E=5

ATTITUDE= 100%

Growing up for me with the representation of having a good attitude never yield a problem. Having a great attitude was common not because I had to, but because I wanted to. Yet these past years has not been great examples of my habits I so desire and performed throughout my lifetime. That is why this chapter has hit home with me. Not that I face a challenge of being polite and courteous, but I allow "life" to take it's toll on me by affecting my daily emotion and attitude.

Quote

"Dear Lord,

So far today, I am doing all right. I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or self-indulgent. I have not whined, cursed, or eaten any chocolate.

However, I am going to get out of bed in a few minutes, and I will need a lot more help after that. Amen."


Pg.53
Eliminate These Words
I can't
If only
I don't think
I don't have the time
Maybe
I'm afraid
I don't believe

Say These Instead
I can
I will
I know
I will make the time
Absolutely
I'm confident
I'm sure

No comments:

Post a Comment